Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who’s trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux.
Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic NES titles like Mega Man 2, Ghost and Goblins and Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Japanese one) and stream lines them down to the essential no BS straight forward twitch reflex platforming.
Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself. And if 300+ single player levels weren’t enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, a level editor and tons of unlock able secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.
- Story mode, featuring over 300 levels spanning 5+ chapters
- Play as a Head Crab! (Steam Exclusive)
- 33 legitimate Achievements
- Warp zones that will warp you into other games
- Over 16 unlockable able and playable characters from popular indie titles such as, Minecraft, Bit.Trip, VVVVVV and Machinarium
- Epic Boss fights
- Full Level Editor and Level Portal (January 2011)
- A story so moving you will cry yourself to sleep for the rest of your life
Did you ever play such a easy looking platformer game but after a while of thinking ”This looks so easy” you will fuck things up many times and start raging! Well this is the feeling I get from playing Super Meat Boy. This game is so fun and looks so easy but it actually really is a pain in the ass. I played this game almost a year ago but saw a speedrun on Summer Games Done Quick which made me think ”Let’s try it again”. It actually worked out pretty good and I actually liked it a lot! I played it again a day ago but on a steam link so it was quite hard to play it because of the input delay.
+ This game actually is quite addictive
+ I like platformer games a lot
+ Good small story line and fun but difficult levels
+ Good Music
+ A lot of deaths and blood
– This game is quite difficult
– Nothing worse then going so good in a level and fuck it up right before the finish
– It makes me rage haha
8.5/10 This game is a must have for gamers who like platformer games. This game is actually easy to play but difficult to master and complete. Just buy it and try it out. Somewhere in 2018 there will be a new Super Meat Boy game called Super Meat Boy Forever. I will give you guys a review when it is released!